- Statement of the Board of Governors
On Monday, December 8, 2014, Attorney General Eric Schneiderman sent a letter to Governor Cuomo requesting that he temporarily grant Schneiderman the authority to investigate “circumstances surrounding the commission or alleged commission of any police officer or peace officer in the State of any act or acts, committed while the officer is engaged in the performance of his or her official duties, that result in the death of any unarmed person other than a fellow law enforcement officer so engaged”...
Dec. 16, 2014
- We have added more Podcasts and YouTube videos
- Schenectady PD – Using Planning, Research & Analysis in Policing Operations NEW
- APB130: Multi-Tenancy Merges Policing Technologies NEW
- APB129: Multi-Tenancy Makes Sense NEW
- APB140 - Career: Opportunities, Challenges, Transition
- APB141 - Teamwork & The Community
- APB142 - The Important Work We Do
- APB143 - Helping People, Making Cases
- APB144 - Talk to People
- APB145 - Officer Survival
- APB146 - Medical Guidelines for Law Enforcement Officers
- APB147 - Ebola and Police
- APB148 – Free Webinars for Police
Dec 11, 2014
- Employment Opportunity.
Police Chief City of Newburgh.
- December GTSC
The December GTSC is posted.
- Listen to four new podcasts that are part of our Police Technologies Series
- APB 131: Why Are Analytics Important
- APB 132: Digging Deeper Into Analytics
- APB 133: Video Analytics In Policing
- APB 134: Analytics: Privacy Concerns
Nov 14, 2014
- SAVIN: A Victim’s Perspective
When domestic violence victims are notified that their order of protection has been served, they can immediately take steps to protect themselves. Learn more about safety planning and how SAVIN-NY can help.
Oct 24, 2014
- Citizen’s Expectations of Law Enforcement
Check out the latest audio podcast in our Police Technologies Series - A discussion with Jody Weis of Accenture about the interactive citizen in crime fighting.
Oct 22, 2014
- The Legacy Project
A series of interviews of law enforcement leaders sharing their experiences, insights and advise.
Updated Oct 15, 2014
- Mobile Technology in Police Work
Part of our Police Technologies Series, a discussion with Jody Weis of Accenture about the use of mobile technology to enhance effectiveness and efficiency in policing.
Oct 15, 2014
- September 2014 Chief's Chronicle
The Fall edition of the Chief’s Chronicle features stories about the annual training conference, streamlining missing persons reports, and challenges in the use of analytics. Learn about the New York State Justice Center, and liability you may have when hiring an already-certified police officer.
Oct. 1, 2014
- Social Media In Law Enforcement
A discussion with Jody Weis of Accenture on how law enforcement agencies can engage the public using social media.
Sep 29, 2014
- Distracted Driving Enforcement Strategies
Learn about the hazards of distracted driving and enforcement strategies from two pilot projects. Education and enforcement will help save lives on our nation's roadways. Watch our video.
Apr 11, 2014