- Category: Publications
2017 Editions are available for purchase!
COMMONLY USED LAWS:
Available now, the 2017 New York State Law Enforcement Handbook has become one of the more popular resource items for New York State law enforcement officers. Used by street officers, detectives, commanders, probation, parole and prosecutors, it contains the Penal Law and CPL, along with frequently used sections of:
- Agriculture & Markets Law
- Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Correction Law
- Environmental Conversation Law
- Family Court Act
- Mental Hygiene Law
- Navigation Law
- Parks, Rec. & Historic Preservation Law
- Public Health Law
- Railroad Law
- Social Services Law
- Transportation Law
- Vehicle & Traffic Law
NEW YORK-SPECIFIC RESOURCE SECTION:
The resource section of our exclusive Handbook includes more than 180 pages of items you need in your daily work:
- Ignition Interlock Devices: Resources and Enforcement Sections
- New sex offender registration information
- Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault investigative guidance
- Route alerting sample messages
- Syringe program/law guide/policy
- HIPAA disclosures
- Sex offender registration guide
- Supporting depositions including passed school bus violations
- Traffic safety programs and trainings
- Evidence change for prostitution
- Good Samaritan 911 Law
- and more!
A convenient size (3 3/4” x 7 1/2”), the handbook fits easily into your field utility bag, briefcase, or glove compartment.
Order your 2017 Edition today here.
- Category: Publications
Announcement: Blue360o Media and the NY State Association of Chiefs of Police
to Co-Publish New York Law Enforcement Handbook
Blue360°™ Media, the leading information supplier to the law enforcement community, is joining forces with New York State Association of Chiefs of Police to co-publish a line of legal publications customized by New York officers for New York officers. This development provides police officers, police chiefs, sheriffs, training academy instructors, and other members of New York State law enforcement with access not only to state criminal and traffic laws, but also key New York resources that make their jobs easier to accomplish.
Chief Michael W. Lefancheck, president of the New York State Association of Chiefs of Police, states of the association’s partnership with Blue360° Media: “We’re excited to bring New York-specific sections to all officers in the state of New York and hope that these publications will become valuable resources to every officer.”
The 2018 edition of the New York Law Enforcement Handbook is the first publication to release from Blue360° Media and NYSACOP’s partnership and brings new content to a longstanding resource. The New York Law Enforcement Handbook, which is in its twenty-third year of publication, includes a special informational section—the New York “Blue Pages”—that provide valuable protocols, investigative tips and guidelines, quick legal references, checklists, and supporting depositions for an officer’s use in the field and at headquarters. The New York Law Enforcement Handbook also covers new laws, statutes, and legal changes from the latest legislative session, such as:
- New York police officers are to complete training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation during the police academy and every 2 years thereafter.
- Law related to proper maintenance of victim evidence kits clarified to explicitly apply to police and prosecutorial agencies.
- New legislation, to be phased in over time, raises the age of criminal responsibility to 18 years old.
The New York Law Enforcement Handbook is now available for advanced purchase on Blue360° Media’s website. For a complete listing of Blue360° Media publications, visit www.blue360media.com.
About Blue360° Media
Blue360°™ Media is a leading information supplier to the law enforcement community. Our mission is to help the law enforcement community be more efficient by providing them easy access to the latest laws, rules, and regulations, and by equipping them with the tools to educate and train officers, management, the courts and the community. To learn more, visit us at www.blue360media.com.
Mackenzie Duarte, Director of Marketing and Communications